Saturday, July 14, 2012

July 11, 2012; a brainstorming day

A brainstorming day.....

      Last Wednesday, July 11, seems like a hard day for us,we have many assignments, tests and activities. It was a habit for us to stay a few minutes in the quadrangle to study and make our assignments. And we are busy studying the steps and formula in finding the mean and standard deviation of a sample. 

      And finally Mam Macatigos gave us our test in Statistics about the Confidence Intervals for the mean (σ is known or n is ≥ to 30) the test is just three items, but it takes more than half an hour for us to finish our test. We have started 7: 45 and end up to 8:30. To avoid cheating and copying of answers, Mam Macatigos prepare two sets of test; set A and B, and give alternately in every column. 

      Most of us take much time in finding the mean and standard deviation of a given sample, because Mam gave us 50 samples. Many of my classmates including me do not have a natural display calculator, so we need to square the sample one by one just to find the standard deviation. Honestly, I am slightly confused how to find the value of E in item no.2 because when Mam discussed about that I think that E means error and to find the E, confidence interval is subtracted to 1, so I represent E as 5 and my answer is wrong that's why I got only 13 out of 15. 

      Next time I will listen more carefully when Mam Macatigos is discussing because I misunderstood some of the topics she discussed.   




By: Tito Nuevacobita Jr. 
      III-Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment